Trouble shooting email issues
The following points might help you in troubleshooting your email settings when using Adobe Business Catalyst email or our Rackspace mail service
- Check your email settings for the account (obvious but this is where most of the issues occur!)
- Make sure you SMTP server authentication is turned on and uses the same username and password as your incoming server ( unless otherwise directed)
- Toggle the SSL on/off in the account settings in outlook to see if that makes a difference - so turn it on and try send and receive, then turn it off and try send and receive!
- Failing that if you are receiving mail but not able to send with the same settings then it may be your ISP blocking sending - some ISPs require you to inform them of a custom domain you are sending from so they can allow it - this is to stop people sending spam, so your next stop may need to be a call to you ISP...
- It is important to actually test your outgoing mail even if the Outlook test doesn't pass, Outlooks little test procedure it runs can give false reading some times..